Servings: 8 servings
- 500 g firm ripe apricots
- 1 tablespoon brandy, or dessert wine
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup pouring cream
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla essence, or extract
- 1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat oven to180°C. (160°C fan-forced; 350°F ; Gas Mark 4).
- Halve the apricots and remove the stones. Arrange in a 24 cm (base measurement) ceramic quiche dish or a shallow 1½ litre (6 cup) ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with the brandy or dessert wine and 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar. Set aside while making the custard.
- Process the remaining sugar, almond meal, milk, cream, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest in a food processor until well combined.
- Add the flour and process until just combined. Pour evenly over the apricots.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the custard is just set in the centre.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice-cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1470IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra