Baba de Moça is a creamy sauce from Bahia prepared with coconut milk, egg yolks and sugar. It can be served as a sauce or as a pudding eaten by it self, depending on the consistency.
Baba de Moça - Egg Coconut Custard Cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup coconut cream, or coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 drops vanilla essence
- Stir sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Let cook to make a thick syrup.
- Put the yolks through a sieve.
- Blend yolks and coconut cream and stir into syrup in bain marie until it coats a spoon.
- Let cool.
- Serve in individual bowls or on top of ice cream.