Servings: 4 servings
- 1½ cups low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 4 bananas, cut in half crosswise then lengthwise
- 2¼ tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice, or dark rum
- ¾ tablespoon cold butter, diced into small pieces
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tablespoon icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Line a sieve or colander with cheesecloth and set over a bowl, leaving at least ½ inch clearance from the bottom. Spoon in yoghurt. Cover with plastic wrap and let drain in the refrigerator for at least 1½ hours. (See Note 1)
- About 20 minutes before serving, position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 220°C. (425°F ; Gas Mark 7 -8). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place bananas, cut sides up, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice (or rum, if using). Dot with butter and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn on the griller (broiler); grill for about 2 minutes until the bananas are golden and the sugar is bubbling.
- Meanwhile beat the cream, cocoa and icing sugar (confectioners' sugar) in a large bowl with an electric mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, until soft peaks form.
- Push the cream to one side; add the drained yoghurt and fold into the cream with a rubber spatula until blended.
- Drizzle the baked bananas with any juices accumulated in the pan and serve with a dollop of the chocolate cream.
- The yoghurt can be drained overnight.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 199mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra