There is no better way of fighting off the summer heat than to indulge in a homemade popsicle. Try these cherry and lime popsicles for a refreshing tropical flavoured icy treat.
- 700 g fresh cherries , about 4 cups, stemmed, pitted, halved or 550 g frozen
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar , or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice , or more, to taste
- ½ cup water
- popsicle moulds
- Purée cherries, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and ½ cup water in a blender until smooth. Taste and add more sugar or lime juice, if desired. (the purée will taste less sweet once frozen, so err on the sweet side.)
- Divide purée among ice-pop moulds and insert sticks.
- Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
- Dip moulds briefly in hot water to release popsicles.
Rate this Recipe