Brazilians grow up eating avocados as a sweet treat and whenever the fruits are ripe and tender, transformed them quickly into a delicious dessert. The basic recipe just calls for ripe avocados, milk, sugar and lemon or lime juice, although some families make their recipes adding condensed milk and heavy cream.
- 4 ripe avocado
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons thickened cream
- ½ cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 4 - 5 tablespoons lime juice
- lime zest, to decorate
- 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut, to decorate <em>(optional)</em>
- Carefully cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, and remove all its pulp into a non-metallic bowl. Reserve the shell.
- Beat the avocado pulp, condensed milk, thickened cream, icing sugar, and lime juice until they are fully mixed and the consistency is close to that of whipped cream
- Pour the cream into the avocado shells and garnish with lemon zest and desiccated coconut <em>(if using)</em>.
- If you prefer a more ice cream like consistency put the filled avocado shells into the refrigerator for 3 hours <em>(covered with plastic wrap)</em>. Decorate just prior to serving
Rate this Recipe