Mango Lassi is a thick, sweet and creamy mango and yoghurt drink, a refreshing Indian summer drink, that can also be used as a dessert after and Indian meal. You can add extra sweetness to it, if you like, with sugar or honey. If you’re making it for kids and want to avoid the sugar, use unsweetened fruit juice or pulp.
- 3 glasses of yoghurt , use a glass you will serve the lassi in, to measure
- 1 glass of crushed ice , measure as above
- 1 glass ripe mango pieces or pulp
- sugar to taste - or unsweetened fruit juice or pulp
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds, for each glass
- a dollop of thick cream, for each glass (optional)
- Put the yoghurt, mango, ice and sugar (or juice/pulp) in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour out into glasses, top with a dollop of cream each and slivered almonds and serve.