Servings: 8 slices
- 30 cm (12") flan tin with removable base
- short crust pastry , enough to line a for a 30cm (9")flan dish
- 6 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 2 small oranges, juice only of orange
- 300 ml cream
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, diced
- 20 kiwis, peeled (2 diced for filling, 18 sliced for topping)
- ½ orange, zest only of orange
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced (375°F ; Gas Mark 5)
- Lightly grease (or use non-stick spray) your flan pan and lay sheets of pastry to form the tart base. Trim to fit
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together, then add the orange juice and finely chopped zest.
- Stir in cream, diced pear, and the two diced kiwis.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blitz until smooth. (See Note 1)(Depending on the texture you want don't overdo the blitzing)
- Spread the crème filling evenly onto the tart base.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust and crème filling are a golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Decorate with kiwi slices.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Don't leave too bigger chunks of fruit in the crème base, however you can do a minimal blitz to leave some fruit texture.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra