The sweet peaches add great texture, and the pecans pack in a crunchy bite to this homemade ice-cream recipe
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- ⅛ teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled and coarsely chopped peaches
- 1½ tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk and whipping cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into yolk. Add yolk mixture to remaining cream mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in vanilla extract. Cool 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook peaches and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes. Coarsely mash, and let cool 30 minutes. Stir peach mixture into cooled cream mixture.
- Place plastic wrap directly on cream mixture, and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add pecans, and cook, stirring constantly, 8 to 9 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Cool completely <em>(about 30 minutes)</em>.
- Pour chilled cream mixture into freezer container of a 1½ litre electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. <em>(Instructions and time may vary.)</em> Before transferring ice cream to an airtight container for further freezing, stir in pecan mixture.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra