Chocolate tart crossed with a pecan pie and maple syrup creates the perfect dessert to satisfy any chocoholic craving.
- 375 g shortcrust pastry
- a little flour, for dusting
- 185 g dark chocolate
- 50 g butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200 ml maple syrup
- 200 g whole pecan nuts
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Fill the tart with baking paper and baking beans, bake for 25 minutes, then remove the baking paper and beans.
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes more until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs and maple syrup together, then stir into the chocolate with most of the nuts.
- Pour into the tart shell, top with the remaining nuts and bake for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Cool and serve with your favourite ice cream or whipped cream.
Toasted walnuts are a good alternative to pecans.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra