Round dumplings are generally called dango, and kushi dango means skewered sweet dumplings. These kushi dango coated with sweet soy sauce based sauce are called mitarashi.[su_divoverrecipe]
Mitarashi Kushi Dango
- 1⅓ cups rice flour
- ¾ cup hot water
For mitarashi sauce
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons cornflour, mixed with 1½ tablespoons of water
- bamboo skewers
- Put rice flour in a bowl. Gradually pour hot water over the rice flour. Mix it using a spatula until combined.
- Knead the dough with hands until smooth. Divide the dough into small pieces and roll into small balls.
- Place the dumplings in a preheated steamer and steam them on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Cool the dumplings and put dumplings on skewers.<em> (*3 or 4 dumplings for a skewer) </em>
To make mitarashi sauce
- Mix water, sugar, and soy sauce in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Pour the cornflour mixture in the sauce, stirring well. Bring to a boil again and stop the heat.
- Grill the skewered dumplings until slightly grill-marked. Brush mitarashi sauce over dumplings.
Rate this Recipe