Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew
Mouth watering tender corned beef with potatoes, cabbage, and carrots. You don't have to be Irish to enjoy this lovely dinner.
- 750 g corned beef
- ½ head cabbage
- 3 potatoes
- 4 carrots
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Fill a large pot about half-way with water and set it to boil
- Cut the corned beef into bite size pieces. Keep in mind the corn beef will shrink a bit when it cooks. The size of pieces is up to you.
- When the water is boiling carefully slid the chunks of corned beef into the boiling water. Leave to boil for 3-4 hours. Careful of boil over. Meat should be soft and tender to bite.
- While the meat cooks, cut the carrots and potatoes into chunks and set aside for now until the meat is 10-15 minutes before ready, it should still be a little tough to bite, then slid in the carrots and potatoes.
- When meat is nearly ready, tear bits of the cabbage off and drop into the water. The cabbage will only need about 5 minutes to cook and add it’s flavour to the broth. Add the pepper now if you are using it.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg