Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew
Mouth watering tender corned beef with potatoes, cabbage, and carrots. You don't have to be Irish to enjoy this lovely dinner.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 750 g corned beef
- ½ head cabbage
- 3 potatoes
- 4 carrots
- freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Fill a large pot about half-way with water and set it to boil
- Cut the corned beef into bite size pieces. Keep in mind the corn beef will shrink a bit when it cooks. The size of pieces is up to you.
- When the water is boiling carefully slid the chunks of corned beef into the boiling water. Leave to boil for 3-4 hours. Careful of boil over. Meat should be soft and tender to bite.
- While the meat cooks, cut the carrots and potatoes into chunks and set aside for now until the meat is 10-15 minutes before ready, it should still be a little tough to bite, then slid in the carrots and potatoes.
- When meat is nearly ready, tear bits of the cabbage off and drop into the water. The cabbage will only need about 5 minutes to cook and add it’s flavour to the broth. Add the pepper now if you are using it.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%