In Sweden this traditional salad is served in most pizza restaurants, because of its popularity it got the name pizza salad. You can do this salad with only cabbage or with shallots, capsicums, and carrots. Everyone includes either one of them or neither, it is really up to your taste.
- ½ cabbage
- ½ shallot
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 carrot
For the dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Shred the cabbage.
- Slice the shallot and red capsicum, and shred the carrot; put all into a bowl.
To make the dressing
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling turn off and pour over your salad and mix well.
Put the salad into the refrigerator for a few hours to cool down and marinate. (optional)