These moist and sweet blueberry and lemon friands are easy to make and great for afternoon tea and lunch boxes.
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 125 g icing sugar (powdered sugar), plus extra for dusting
- 25 g plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 85 g ground almonds
- 3 medium egg whites
- 1 lemon, grated rind only
- 85 g blueberries
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Generously butter six non-stick friand or muffin tins. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar and flour into a bowl. Add the almonds and mix everything between your fingers.
- Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until they form a light, floppy foam. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, tip in the egg whites and lemon rind, then lightly stir in the butter to form a soft batter.
- Divide the batter among the tins, a large serving spoon is perfect for this job. Sprinkle a handful of blueberries over each cake and bake for 15-20 minutes until just firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack. To serve, dust lightly with icing sugar.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra