Servings: 6 friands
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 125 g icing sugar (powdered sugar), plus extra for dusting
- 25 g plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 85 g ground almonds
- 3 medium egg whites
- 1 lemon, grated rind only
- 85 g blueberries
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced (400°F ; Gas Mark 6) .
- Generously butter six non-stick friand or muffin tins. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar and flour into a bowl. Add the almonds and mix everything between your fingers.
- Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until they form a light, floppy foam. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, tip in the egg whites and lemon rind, then lightly stir in the butter to form a soft batter.
- Divide the batter among the tins, a large serving spoon is perfect for this job. Sprinkle a handful of blueberries over each cake and bake for 15-20 minutes until just firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, dust lightly with icing sugar (powdered sugar).
Serving: 1friand | Calories: 316.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.8g | Protein: 5.5g | Fat: 20.7g | Saturated Fat: 9.1g | Cholesterol: 35.8mg | Sodium: 27.7mg | Potassium: 60.2mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 22.9g | Vitamin A: 416.5IU | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 38.4mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra