Quick and easy fritters for the whole family to enjoy. They can be a hearty breakfast or an energy top-up snack.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 g bacon rashers, rind removed, coarsely chopped
- 4 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum (bell pepper), halved, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 1 × 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 115 g<em>, ¾ cup</em> plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shallot and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until capsicum is soft. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the corn, flour, egg, milk and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon three ¼ cupful portions of the corn mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining corn mixture, reheating the pan between batches.
- Serve the fritters with your choice of sauce, salsa , or chutney.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra