These fritters are quick and easy to make, and can be used as a snack or as a main meal with a salad on the side.
For sweetcorn fritters
- 3 fresh corn cobs, husked, blanched in salted water for 3 minutes, cooled and removed from cob
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 60 g fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For Corn Fritters
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat a frying pan at medium-high heat with vegetable oil.
- With a tablespoon, scoop some of the mixture into the pan, adding as many spoonfuls as you can fit.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown. Remove and serve with spring onion sauce.
For spring onion sauce
- In a bowl, add egg, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Whisk together until combined.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the oil and whisk until combined.
- With a slow steady stream, add the remaining oil against the side of the bowl and whisk at a constant pace, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Lastly, add garlic, spring onions and salt. Whisk together and serve.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra