Fritters are a mixture of ingredients covered with batter, then deep-fried. See Also our Fritters Recipe Collection
Basic Fritter Batter
- 2 cups plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, beat eggs with milk.
- Make a well in centre of the flour, add egg mixture in a steady pouring stream, stirring in the flour gradually and beat to a smooth batter, or put flour in blender, add beaten eggs and milk and blend until smooth.
- Stand for several hours before using.
Rate this Recipe