Servings: 4 servings
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and deseeded, chopped
- 1 cob corn, husk and silk removed, kernels cut off
- 100 g reduced-fat fresh ricotta
- 40 g reduced-fat feta, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons polenta, cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal self-raising flour, (GFO - see note 1)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
To serve :
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1½ cups rocket leaves, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Cook pumpkin in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water for 7-8 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a medium bowl and roughly mash. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add the corn, ricotta, feta, dill, polenta, flour and eggs to the pumpkin. Season with pepper. Mix until well combined.
To make 4 fritters per batch :
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add four ¼ cupfuls of the mixture to the pan
- Cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the top of the fritters. Carefully turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a large plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside. Repeat in two more batches with the remaining oil and fritter batter, making 12 fritters in total.
- Divide fritters between 4 serving plates. Toss cucumber and rocket, and place on plates. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
- For Gluten-free fritters substitute the flour so that you use Gluten-free Self Raising Flour
- You can replace the dill with parsley or basil and the rocket leaves with spinach or mixed salad leaves.
- We recommend a Balsamic dressing for the salad.
Serving: 1serving (3 fritters plus salad) | Calories: 237.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.5g | Protein: 11.6g | Fat: 11.4g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Cholesterol: 94.9mg | Sodium: 160.8mg | Potassium: 735.3mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 7.5g | Vitamin A: 11170.3IU | Vitamin C: 30.3mg | Calcium: 137.6mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra