Servings: 100 Tablespoons
- 800 g oranges, 500g (1 lb 2 oz) net weight (see note 1)
- 900 g pomelos, 500g (1 lb 2 oz) net weight (see note 2)
- 2 lemons
- 800 g sugar
- 300 g crystallised (candied) ginger, finely chopped
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Peel the oranges and pomelo, removing all the white with the rind. Slice the fruit into rounds 1 cm (a little less than ½") thick. Remove the seeds and cut the slices into quarters.
- Rinse and brush the lemons under cold water and cut them in very thin slices, removing the seeds as you go.
- In a 5 litre (5 qt) preserving pan, combine the citrus fruits, sugar, and ginger.
- Bring to a simmer, then turn the preparation into a large bowl. Cover with a round of baking paper and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Pour the mixture into the preserving pan and bring to a boil, stirring gently. Skim and continue cooking on high heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring continuously (see note 3). Check the set.
- Put the jam into jars immediately and seal.
- Pink fleshed cara cara oranges are a really good choice of fruit for this marmalade preserve.
- You can substitute grapefruits for pomelos.
- When the mixture is boiling it will produce a froth on the top which needs to be removed to ensure a clear marmalade. The easiest way of doing this is to regularly skim it with a slotted spoon.
- The yield for this recipe is about 2 litres (4 pints) of marmalade.
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra