Peaches are the essence of summer flavours. Preserve summer peaches with your own homemade jam – check out our recipe for an easy to make peach jam.
- 5 large fresh peaches, peeled, pitted & chopped (approx. 6 cups)
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- In a large 4 litre pot, mix all ingredients together to combine. Let peach mixture sit for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Over medium heat, bring peach mixture to boil slowly, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low if peach mixture is about to boil out of your pot. Cook until thickened, approximately 1 hour.
- Use a potato masher to break down the bigger chunks of peaches. If you want a smoother jam, use a hand blender and blend everything in the pot.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or seal in jam jars.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Rate this Recipe