Peaches are the essence of summer flavours. Preserve summer peaches with your own homemade jam – check out our recipe for an easy to make peach jam.
Servings: 6 cups
- 5 large fresh peaches, peeled, pitted & chopped (approx. 6 cups)
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- In a large 4 litre pot, mix all ingredients together to combine. Let peach mixture sit for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Over medium heat, bring peach mixture to boil slowly, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low if peach mixture is about to boil out of your pot. Cook until thickened, approximately 1 hour.
- Use a potato masher to break down the bigger chunks of peaches. If you want a smoother jam, use a hand blender and blend everything in the pot.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or seal in jam jars.
Inactive Time - 4 hours up to overnight inactive time
Serving: 1g | Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.96g | Protein: 0.13g | Fat: 0.04g | Saturated Fat: 0.003g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.013g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 8.7g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra