A zesty salad with Middle Eastern flavours and lots of refreshing vegetable textures.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and chopped
- 8 red radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 pita breads, plus extra to serve
- 200 g Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and half of the chopped mint leaves. Season well.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, radishes and chickpeas to the dressing and toss so that everything is well coated. Set aside for 15 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Toast two pita breads and cut into pieces about 2cm square. Stir into the salad.
- Mix the Greek yoghurt with the rest of the mint and transfer to a small serving dish to accompany the salad.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra