[is_desktop] [/is_desktop]Make a quick tomato sauce and simply stir in some mixed beans for sustenance and protein. Put it on some warmed tortillas with an avocado salsa and a dollop of lime yoghurt… another great combo discovered! [is_desktop]
Here’s What You Need[one_half]1 bunch fresh coriander
4 cloves garlic
800g can diced tomatoes
spices (1 tablespoon each of ground cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, and ½ tablespoon chilli powder)
2 x 400g cans four bean mix
12 flour tortillas
2 avocados[/one_half][one_half_last]2 limes
200 g Greek-style yoghurt
150 g baby rocket leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon sugar
sea salt and pepper[/one_half_last]
Here’s What You Do
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 800 g can diced tomatoes
- spices, 1 tablespoon each of ground cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, and ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 x 400g cans four bean mix
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 limes
- 200 g Greek-style yoghurt
- 150 g baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- sea salt and pepper
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Place the tomatoes in a medium saucepan with the garlic, spices, oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans, then stir into the tomato sauce. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the beans are warmed through and the sauce has thickened. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas well in baking paper, then foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes to soften and warm through (see cooking tip).
- Finely chop the coriander leaves, including the stems. Cut the avocado into 1½ cm chunks. Finely grate the zest and juice the lime.
- Combine the coriander, avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine the lime zest with the yoghurt in a bowl.
- Place the warmed tortillas, chilli bean mixture, avocado salsa, rocket and yoghurt on the table to let everyone make their own. Serve immediately.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra