[is_desktop][/is_desktop]Make a quick tomato sauce and simply stir in some mixed beans for sustenance and protein. Put it on some warmed tortillas with an avocado salsa and a dollop of lime yoghurt… another great combo discovered!
Here’s What You Need
[one_half]1 bunch fresh coriander
4 cloves garlic
800g can diced tomatoes
spices (1 tablespoon each of ground cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, and ½ tablespoon chilli powder)
2 x 400g cans four bean mix
12 flour tortillas
2 avocados[/one_half][one_half_last]2 limes
200 g Greek-style yoghurt
150 g baby rocket leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon sugar
sea salt and pepper[/one_half_last]
Here’s What You Do
Chilli Bean Tacos with RocketPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe Add to My Saved Recipes Go to Saved Recipes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 800 g can diced tomatoes
- spices, 1 tablespoon each of ground cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, and ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 x 400g cans four bean mix
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 limes
- 200 g Greek-style yoghurt
- 150 g baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Place the tomatoes in a medium saucepan with the garlic, spices, oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans, then stir into the tomato sauce. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the beans are warmed through and the sauce has thickened. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas well in baking paper, then foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes to soften and warm through (see cooking tip).
- Finely chop the coriander leaves, including the stems. Cut the avocado into 1½ cm chunks. Finely grate the zest and juice the lime.
- Combine the coriander, avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine the lime zest with the yoghurt in a bowl.
- Place the warmed tortillas, chilli bean mixture, avocado salsa, rocket and yoghurt on the table to let everyone make their own. Serve immediately.
Add to My Saved Recipes Go to Saved Recipes Rate this Recipe