The KFC bean salad is a traditional “three bean” type of salad that combines green beans, kidney beans and butter beans. While the dish is good freshly prepared, the flavour is enhanced by marinating in the refrigerator.
KFC Bean Salad
- Set up a colander in the sink. Drain the kidney beans into the colander, and rinse well.
- Pour the cans of green and butter beans to the colander and stir to make sure all liquid drains out.
- Transfer the drained beans in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Chop green capsicum and white onion, then add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over beans and vegetables, then toss gently until all beans are well coated with oil, vinegar and spices.
- Place the bean salad in your refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 6 hours.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Rate this Recipe