Servings: 4 servings (3 falafels per serving)
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Food Processor
- 2 Coliban potatoes, washed, peeled and boiled (See Note 1)
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup mashed pumpkin, (See Note 2)
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad :
- 8 leaves lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 telegraph cucumber, halved, then cut into thick slices
- 4 figs, cut into wedges
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges (up to 8 tomatoes, depending on the size)
- 1 cup tahini, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced (375°F ; Gas Mark 5) and line a baking tray with baking paper (parchment paper).
- Combine all falafel ingredients into a food processor, and process until a thick dough is formed. Adjust the spices to taste, as needed.
- Using a tablespoon, roll 12 balls of dough and place them on the baking paper (parchment paper), pushing down with your fingers or spatula to flatten. See Note 3
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops begin to brown.
To Serve :
- Add lettuce into a bowl along with potato falafel and desired topping.
- Drizzle with fresh tahini and enjoy!
- US visitors should use Russet potatoes
- Omit the mashed pumpkin if you are making plain potato falafels
- Use all of the dough mixture to make 12 evenly sized falafel balls.
Serving: 1serving (3 falafels with salad) | Calories: 634.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 62.1g | Protein: 22.4g | Fat: 38.4g | Saturated Fat: 5.1g | Sodium: 1486.7mg | Potassium: 1494.9mg | Fiber: 15.6g | Sugar: 13.9g | Vitamin A: 4333.1IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 231.3mg | Iron: 9.7mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra