Servings: 6 servings
- 1.25 kg beef chuck roast, fat trimmed, cut into 5 cm chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chiptoles in adobo sauce, chopped (or more to taste)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano, or regular oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup beef stock, or water
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker. Toss gently to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is tender and falls apart easily when shredded with a fork.
- Using two forks, shred the beef into bite-sized pieces inside of the slow cooker. Toss the beef with the juices, then cover and let the barbacoa beef soak up the juices for an extra 10 minutes. Remove cover and use a pair of tongs or a slotted spoon to serve the barbacoa beef.
- If not using immediately, refrigerate the barbacoa beef with its juices in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Barbacoa is a form of cooking meat that originated in the Caribbean with the Taíno people, from which the term “barbecue” derives. See more in the Glossary
Serving: 0serving | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra