Kabab Barg - Kabāb-e Barg
Kabāb-e Barg is a Persian style barbecued lamb, chicken or beef kebab dish. The main ingredients of Kabab-e Barg are fillets of beef tenderloin, lamb shank, onions and olive oil.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 800 g boneless lamb
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large grated onions
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sumac , optional
- Prepare marinade: Combine olive oil, lime juice, onions, garlic, saffron, salt and black pepper. Cut lamb into 1 cm thick and 4-5 cm long pieces. Do not remove all the fat as you will need it to melt. Marinate overnight (preferably 24 hours) in refrigerator. Container should be covered.
- Thread lamb on long, thin metal skewers. Thread whole tomatoes separately on another skewer. Brush with marinade. Barbeque for about 5 minutes on each side, turning frequently. Serve hot with rice ( Polow ) or on middle-eastern bread. If served with rice, some sumac may be sprinkled on.
Rate this Recipe