[su_brhrbr]For a budget meal with plenty of flavour try this versatile meatloaf with a barbecue sauce.
For a budget meal with plenty of flavour try this versatile meatloaf with a barbecue sauce.
Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
For the meatloaf
- 500 g sausage mince
- 500 g beef mince (ground beef)
- 1 cup freshly made breadcrumbs
- 2 brown onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- To make the sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan, bring slowly to boil (ensuring that the sugar has dissolved). Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside
- To make the meatloaf: Combine sausage mince, beef mince, breadcrumbs, onions, curry powder, salt, pepper, parsley and egg in bowl. Beat until mixture is well combined. Gradually add milk and water, continue beating until mixture is very smooth. .
- Shape meat mixture into loaf, place in greased baking dish. Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully pour off any surplus fat. Pour sauce over meatloaf, return to oven, bake for further 45 minutes, basting frequently with sauce. Serve hot with vegetables or cold with salad.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%