Servings: 4 Caribbean Beef Burgers
- 1 large red onion
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean spice blend
- 700 g beef mince (ground beef)
- 80 g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 mangoes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 sesame-seed hamburger bun, milk burger buns or burger buns
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 teaspoons prepared English mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. (400°F ; Gas Mark 6). Finely chop the onion. Place half of the onion, Caribbean spice mix, mince, breadcrumbs, mustard and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and work together until well combined.
- Divide in meat mixture into quarters and shape into 4 large patties (make them slightly wider than bun as they tend to shrink when cooking). Chill until required.
- Peel, stone and dice the mango. Coarsely chop the coriander leaves and stems. Zest the lime. Squeeze the juice into a large bowl. Add the mango, remaining onion, coriander and some salt and pepper to the lime juice.
- Combine the mayonnaise and zest in a small bowl.
- Heat a large ovenproof fry-pan over high heat. Brush the patties with a little oil and cook for 3 minutes each side or until light golden. Finish cooking in the oven for 6-8 minutes until cooked to your liking. Rest for 3 minutes. Switch oven to grill.
- Cut the buns in half and toast lightly on both sides under the oven grill. Fill each bun with mixed salad leaves, patties, lime mayonnaise and the salsa.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 827kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 904mg | Potassium: 893mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2065IU | Vitamin C: 51.6mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 6.9mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra