- empanada dough, see recipe
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 450 g beef mince (ground beef)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ¾ tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 beef stock cube, dissolved in ¼ cup hot water
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped olives
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ tablespoons milk
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Prepare empanada dough and chill.
- Cook the onions and garlic in the vegetable oil and butter until softened. Add the ground beef, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, beef stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the beef, stirring and crumbling the meat, until browned. Add the flour and continue to cook for 5 or 10 minutes more.
- Remove the meat mixture and let cool. The beef mixture will keep up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Shape the empanadas
- Separate the dough into golf ball size pieces, and roll into smooth balls. Let rest for 5 minutes. On a floured surface, roll each ball of dough into a 15 cm diameter circle, about ½ cm thick. Add 1 tablespoon of the beef filling, a few raisins and some chopped olives, and a slice of hard boiled egg to the middle of the circle.
- Brush the edges with water and fold the pastry in half over the filling, to make a semi-circle.
- Seal the edges by pressing down with your fingers. Brush the sealed edge lightly with water, then turn the edge toward the middle and press with your fingers to seal.
- Mix the egg yolk with 2 tablespoons milk, and brush the empanadas with the mixture.
- Bake at 175°C for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serving: 0serving | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra