Similar to the traditional Austrian dish Faschierter Braten (Minced Pork Meatloaf), these easily made rissoles or meatballs are popular served with Erdäpfelpüree (creamy mashed potatoes) and some mixed vegetables.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs , from day old bread
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 250 g mince meat , pork, beef, lamb or veal or a mixture up to 250g
- ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ cup 33158, or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon beef stock, or 1 beef stock cube
- pinch each of salt and pepper, or to taste
- Make the breadcrumbs (see instructions). Finely chop the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Put the mince into a bowl and add the flour and fried onion. Mix in the remaining ingredients and knead everything well.
- Form patties 10cm x 2cm deep from the mixture.
- Fill a non-stick frying pan with at least 1cm of oil.
- Heat the oil and slowly fry the patties on both sides until they have a nice brown colour and are cooked.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Related Recipes and Culinary Information
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.