Minchee is a Macanese dish based on minced or ground beef and/or pork and flavoured with oyster and soy sauce, served with a fried egg on top.
- 500 g beef mince (ground beef), or pork mince
- 750 g potato, diced into small 1½ cm cubes, parboiled
- 3 large onions, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, mashed
- small knob fresh ginger, mashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked or roughly ground
- olive oil
- 2-3 to matoes, diced
- light soy sauce
- oyster sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- lemon juice
- Chinese five-spice powder
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Fry the onions, garlic, ginger and bay leaves until the onions are browned.
- Add the mince and fry until nearly browned before adding the sauces and pepper. Add the sauces to taste - the amount of soy will determine the saltiness.
- Finish browning the mince and add the tomatoes and sugar.
- Add the cooked potatoes and allow to thicken/boil away so that you have a thick gravy.
- Season with a sprinkle of five spice.
- Serve on rice topped with spring onion, lemon wedges and a fried egg.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra