Classic Spag Bol gets a bit of a boost with fresh basil and salami. An easy dinner to make for family or guests.
Spaghetti Bolognese with Basil & Salami
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum <em>, bell pepper</em>, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g beef mince (ground beef)
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube
- 50 g salami slices, chopped
- 400 g spaghetti
- shredded fresh basil leaves
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and capsicum for 4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute then add the mince and cook until bit is browned.
- Stir in the tomato purée, balsamic vinegar, diced tomatoes and stock cube.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Place lid on saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped salami to the saucepan and continue to cook.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Season the bolognese sauce, serve with the spaghetti and garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Reserve some of the pasta cooking water, and add a little to the sauce if it seems too thick. The water is ideal for adjusting the consistency of the sauce, and the starch in the water helps the sauce adhere to the pasta.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%