Jersey Breakfast Dog
A traditional Jersey Dog features a deep fried bacon wrapped hot dog with an egg on top. To make it easier you can pan fry the sausage or hot dog and bacon.
Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 beef breakfast sausage or Frankfurter hot dog
- 1 rasher bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 hot dog bun or similar
- condiments such as ketchup, tomato sauce, or American mustard
- Preheat deep fryer to 180°C.
- Wrap bacon around the hot dog, securing at each end with a toothpick. When oil reaches 180°C, lower wrapped hot dog into fryer.
- Heat frying pan and fry one egg. Place cooked egg on a small plate.
- Open bun and place onto frying pan on low heat or in toaster oven to lightly toast.
- When bacon is firm and crispy, remove hot dog from oil.
- Place slice of cheese onto egg and microwave for 7-10 seconds.
- Place egg and cheese on to bun.
- Remove toothpicks from hot dog, and add to bun.
- Add condiments and serve.
Rate this Recipe