Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon crushed chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 lean lamb loin chops, trimmed (about 1 kg)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ¼ cup chopped dates, (optional)
- 450 g silver beet (Swiss chard), stems removed, leaves chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (see note 1)
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Combine cumin, caraway seeds, ¾ teaspoon salt, crushed chilli flakes and black pepper in a small bowl. Firmly rub both sides of each lamb chop with the spice rub. (see Note 2)
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until browned. Reduce heat to a medium heat and continue cooking to desired doneness, 3 - 5 more minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add shallot and dates (if using) and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, until softened, .
- Add silverbeet leaves and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring, until wilted, .
- Stir in the toasted pine nuts and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Serve the silverbeet topped with the lamb chops.
- To toast pine nuts, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 3 minutes
- Rub the spices in firmly to ensure you get the full benefit of the flavours.
- Serve with couscous for a wholesome main dish.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 602mg | Potassium: 1037mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7010IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 6.3mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra