Servings: 4 servings
- 550 g pork mince (ground pork)
- 50 g fine breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Southwestern All-purpose Spice Blend (see recipe here)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, or use a garlic press
- 250 g sweetcorn kernels, defrosted and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To serve :
- Potato wedges
- BBQ sauce
- 1 bunch chives, finely snipped, for garnish
- Simple Leafy Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe here)
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Roast the potato wedges - while the oven is preheating to 240°C/220°C fan-forced (460°F ; Gas Mark 8), get the potato wedges prepared as detailed below, finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). Drain and/or defrost the sweetcorn. Prepare a leafy salad as per the recipe.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the pork rissoles. In a medium bowl, combine the pork mince, fine breadcrumbs, egg, spice blend, garlic, ½ the sweetcorn, the salt and a pinch of pepper. Using damp hands, form spoonfuls of the mixture into meatballs, then flatten to make 2 cm (¾") thick rissoles. Set aside. You should get 4-5 rissoles per person.
- In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the rissoles and cook until browned, 4-5 minutes each side. In the last 5 minutes of cook time, add the remaining sweetcorn and cook, tossing occasionally, until cook until charred and golden, 4-5 minutes.
To Serve :
- Divide the potato wedges, pork rissoles and charred corn between 4 plates. Spoon the BBQ sauce over the rissoles and sprinkle with chives (see Note 1). Serve with the salad.
Cooking the Potato Wedges
- Slice the unpeeled potatoes into 1 cm (⅜") wedges and place into a medium-sized bowl (see Note 2). Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over the dried oregano and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Roast in the preheated oven until tender in the thickest part, 25-30 minutes. Turn the wedges half way though cooking and lower temp of oven if necessary. (see Note 3)
- For the low-calorie option, serve without BBQ sauce.
- Cut the potato wedges to a uniform size so they cook evenly in the allocated time.
- Potato wedges can also be cooked in a deep-fryer if you prefer.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 629mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 5.3mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra