Made with prosciutto and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, these rich veal cutlets will melt in your mouth.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup beef or chicken stock
- Pound the meat until about 6mm thick. Season with salt and pepper. Dust evenly with flour and shake off any excess.
- Use a fork to whisk the eggs in a bowl. Dip the veal cutlets in the egg, one at a time, until well-covered. Pour the breadcrumbs out onto a plate and completely cover the cutlets in breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, cook the cutlets on both sides until golden. Then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Wipe the frying pan clean with paper towels, and return it to medium-low heat. Add the butter, cream, and stock of choice, season lightly with salt, and simmer until it begins to thicken (about 1 -2 minutes). Set aside.
- Cover each cutlet with a slice of prosciutto and 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Arrange the cutlets in a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Dribble a little sauce over each cutlet. Bake in a 175°C oven until the cheese has melted completely.
- Serve immediately.
Rate this Recipe