- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2½ cups flour, divided
- oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- ½ cup pistachios or walnuts, finely chopped
- handful edible rose petals, available at Persian or Middle Eastern grocery stores
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- For batter: In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar and salt till light and frothy. Add milk and oil and continue beating. Add 1 cup of flour to egg mixture, blending thoroughly. Then blend 1 cup more of the remaining flour, reserving ½ cup.
- For dough: Turn the dough onto a floured board (using a bit of remaining ½ cup), sprinkle the dough with more of the remaining flour and knead for 10 minutes, using flour when needed. Dough will be somewhat sticky, but have a smooth gloss to it. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest 2 hours.
- To assemble and fry: After 2 hours, pull off a piece of dough about the size of a large cherry tomato. Roll into a flat 9 x 10 cm oval. Take one side of the oval and fold it over to the other side, crimping edges together. It will resemble an elephant ear. Make more "ears", deep frying them, in batches, in 175°C oil. Turn to cook evenly till golden, remove, and drain on paper towels.
- To serve: When cool sprinkle with icing sugar and nuts. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Take one side of the oval and fold it over to the other side, crimping edges together.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra