Getting to eat Afghan Kufta is like embarking upon a gastronomic adventure like none other. In the simplest form, kufta consist of balls of minced or ground meat — usually beef or lamb — mixed with spices and/or onions.Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 450 g beef mince (ground beef), or 50/50 mince/sausage meat
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 green capsicum (bell pepper), finely minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Knead together the beef, onion, capsicum, garlic and salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes to blend flavours.
- Form into 16 oval balls. String four on skewers alternating with a onion quarter, green capsicum quarter and cherry tomato on each skewer.
- Grill about 5 minutes until browned, turn and grill other side. Served with spiced brown rice and a large piece of the flat Afghan bread.
Rate this Recipe