Chopan Kabob - Lamb Kebob
Kebobs grilled over an open barbecue with fresh vegetables is always a hit, but try it with this Afghan style marinade of yoghurt, coriander, and garlic. The marinade is delicious over beef, as well.Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 450 g lamb cubes
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon yoghurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 green capsicum (bell pepper), cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, quartered and separated
- 1 to mato, cut in wedges
- 225 g whole mushrooms
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- In a medium bowl combine the yoghurt, olive oil, onion powder, garlic, coriander, parsley, salt and pepper. Spread over meat and let marinate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Prepare outdoor barbecue for medium-hot heat. Remove grill, clean grill and spray with cooking oil <em>(to prevent kebobs from sticking.)</em>
- While barbecue is heating, alternately, thread meat and vegetables onto six skewers.
- When fire is ready, place grill over barbecue. Place kebobs on grill and cook about 6-8 minutes, then flip kebobs to other side for another 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with rice and wedges of lemon.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg