Saudis like their Kabsa with this hot sauce. Made from a combination of simple ingredients that yield huge flavours.
Shattah - Middle Eastern Hot Sauce
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 red jalapeño chillies, stem removed
- 15 Thai bird chillies, stems removed
- 1 cup Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until a nice, smooth mixture.
- Add the mixture to a sauce pan, cover, and place on medium heat for about five minutes or until it has fully came to a boil.
- Stir, remove from the heat and let cool.
Rate this Recipe