Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 ripe but firm pears
- 1¼ cups plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- ½ cup wholewheat flour
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¾ tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon 5-spice powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ tablespoon molasses
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Butter a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Cut pears in half then core. Lengthwise, cut 12 very thin slices of pear; set aside. Peel remaining pears if desired, then coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk flours with sugar, baking powder, 5-spice powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk milk with butter, molasses and egg.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Stir in chopped pear. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Lay reserved pear slices on muffin batter.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra