Black Forest Muffins
Inspired by the Black Forest Cake, these muffins are a true delight. Try them warm with ice cream or cooled with big dollops of whipped cream.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Muffins
Cuisine: Modern Australian
Serves / Yield: 12
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, extra
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup milk
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 415 g can pitted black cherries in syrup, drained
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease or line a 12 hole medium muffin pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking soda over mixture.
- Add milk, and using a large metal spoon, gently stir until well combined.
- Add chocolate and cherries and fold through muffin mixture.
- Spoon into muffin pan holes until ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine cocoa and icing sugar in a small bowl and dust over muffins before serving.
Serving size: 1 Muffin Calories: 288 Fat: 13.73 g Saturated fat: 8.134 g Unsaturated fat: 4.3 g Trans fat: 0.347 g Carbohydrates: 38.99 g Sugar: 23.99 g Sodium: 155 mg Fibre: 2.7 g Protein: 4.23 g Cholesterol: 51 mg