Black Forest Muffins
Inspired by the Black Forest Cake, these muffins are a true delight. Try them warm with ice cream or cooled with big dollops of whipped cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, extra
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup milk
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 415 g can pitted black cherries in syrup, drained
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease or line a 12 hole medium muffin pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking soda over mixture.
- Add milk, and using a large metal spoon, gently stir until well combined.
- Add chocolate and cherries and fold through muffin mixture.
- Spoon into muffin pan holes until ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine cocoa and icing sugar in a small bowl and dust over muffins before serving.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 1g | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.99g | Protein: 4.23g | Fat: 13.73g | Saturated Fat: 8.134g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0.347g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 23.99g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%