Christmas Cherry Muffins
Fresh cherries are added to this muffin mix then topped after baking with a creamy icing and decorated with glaced cherries.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 16Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400 g cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 60 g unsalted butter
- ¾ cup icing sugar (powdered sugar), sifted
- Red and green glacé cherries, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, line muffin tin with paper cases or grease well.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Add cherries and mix well.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add melted butter and milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix together quickly. Do not over mix as this will cause the muffins to be tough.
- Spoon into muffin tins ¾ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Beat butter with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread over cooled muffins and decorate with pieces of glacé cherry to represent Christmas holly.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%