Creamed Corn Muffins with Prosciutto and Sweet Chilli
These moist savoury muffins are great on their own or used on the side of a bbq meal.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Muffins
Cuisine: Modern Australian
Serves / Yield: 12 muffins
- cooking spray
- 80 g prosciutto
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup coarse polenta
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- ⅓ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 410 g can creamed sweet corn
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and cook the prosciutto until crisp. Cool and chop.
- Combine flour, polenta, mustard powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in cheese.
- Combine eggs, sweet chilli sauce, canola oil and corn in a bowl.
- Fold into flour mixture until just combined. Divide among muffin holes. Press prosciutto on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: 1 Muffin Calories: 311.1 Fat: 14.5 g Saturated fat: 3.3 g Unsaturated fat: 9.6 g Carbohydrates: 38.1 g Sugar: 7.5 g Sodium: 674.7 mg Fibre: 1.8 g Protein: 9.0 g Cholesterol: 46.5 mg