Creamed Corn Muffins with Prosciutto and Sweet Chilli
These moist savoury muffins are great on their own or used on the side of a bbq meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 muffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- cooking spray
- 80 g prosciutto
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup coarse polenta
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- ⅓ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 410 g can creamed sweet corn
Rate this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and cook the prosciutto until crisp. Cool and chop.
- Combine flour, polenta, mustard powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in cheese.
- Combine eggs, sweet chilli sauce, canola oil and corn in a bowl.
- Fold into flour mixture until just combined. Divide among muffin holes. Press prosciutto on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe NewsletterSign up to our ad-free newsletter and every fortnight you will receive fresh recipes, new cooking glossary items, and a look at a few cooking and food related questions.
Serving : 1g | Calories : 311.1kcal | Carbohydrates : 38.1g | Protein : 9g | Fat : 14.5g | Saturated Fat : 3.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat : 9.6g | Monounsaturated Fat : 0g | Trans Fat : 0g | Cholesterol : 46.5mg | Sodium : 674.7mg | Potassium : 0mg | Fibre : 1.8g | Sugar : 7.5g | Vitamin A : 0% | Vitamin C : 0% | Calcium : 0% | Iron : 0%