This combination of macaroni cheese and healthy vegetables combine to make a wholesome family meal in one dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400 g carrots, peeled, sliced
- 2 sweet corn cobs, kernels sliced off
- 300 g macaroni pasta
- 60 g canola spread
- ¼ cup plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 2¼ cups milk
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup grated tasty cheese
- baby rocket leaves (arugula), to serve
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Cook carrot in a saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a food processor. Add cauliflower to same pan and cook for 10 minutes until tender. Add corn and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Process carrots until smooth.
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and return to pan. Add cauliflower and corn and stir well.
- Meanwhile, melt spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until combined. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add carrot puree, cheese and half the Parmesan. Pour mixture over pasta and stir to combine. Season. Transfer mixture to a 12-cup capacity oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with tasty cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Serve macaroni with rocket leaves.
Serving: 0serving | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra