With cabbage available all year round, this is a side dish sure to show up often on your dinner table. You’ll love the contrast of the bowtie noodles with the cabbage, and, when served with chorizo or other sausages, makes a wonderful main-course meal that we’re betting the whole family will enjoy.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups chopped onion <em>, about 2 medium onions</em>
- 4 cups chunked cabbage <em>, about ½ a medium head</em>
- 225 g farfalle <em>, bowtie</em> pasta, prepared according to package directions
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onions and cabbage until very soft and light brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve while still hot.