Hot, hearty and filling best describe this cheesy creamy mouthwatering soup – the ultimate in comfort food that’s so easy to put together.
Servings: 4 - 6
- 2¼ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 leeks, chopped (white parts only)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups cooked macaroni and cheese
- ½ cup thickened cream , 35% milk fat
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic. Cook until softened. Add mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, and flour, stir to incorporate.
- Add vegetable stock in slow steady stream stirring vigorously. Add macaroni and cheese. Cook on medium low for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add cream and adjust seasonings.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with toasted bread crumbs and grated cheddar cheese.
Serving: 0serving | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra