Hot, hearty and filling best describe this cheesy creamy mouthwatering soup – the ultimate in comfort food that’s so easy to put together.
Mac and Cheese Soup
- 2¼ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 leeks, chopped (white parts only)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups cooked macaroni and cheese
- ½ cup thickened cream , 35% milk fat
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic. Cook until softened. Add mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, and flour, stir to incorporate.
- Add vegetable stock in slow steady stream stirring vigorously. Add macaroni and cheese. Cook on medium low for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add cream and adjust seasonings.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with toasted bread crumbs and grated cheddar cheese.
Rate this Recipe