[is_desktop][/is_desktop]This hearty bowl of spaghetti with smoky chorizo and tomato, cooked with mild yellow capsicum for sweetness and topped with creamy feta and fresh dill for a burst of anise flavour, this pasta dish is sure to hit the spot.
Here’s What You Need
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup fresh dill
1 large red onion
1 large yellow capsicum
100 g feta
400 g spaghetti
800 g can diced tomatoes (or 2 x 400g cans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt and pepper
Here’s What You Do
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil for the pasta. Cut the chorizo into 2 cm pieces. Finely chop the garlic and onion. Remove core and seeds of the capsicum and cut into 1 cm pieces. Crumble the feta into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large fry-pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo, stirring for 4-5 minutes until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, reserving the chorizo oil in the pan.
- Add the garlic, onion, capsicum and smoked paprika to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until the capsicum is softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in the pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 4 tablespoons cooking water, then drain in a colander and set aside.
- Return the chorizo to the pan. Add the tomatoes and reserved cooking water, and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, pick the dill sprigs and finely chop.
- Add the spaghetti, half the feta and the dill to the tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and toss until combined and warmed through. Divide among bowls and scatter with the remaining feta and dill to serve.
Rate this Recipe