A quick and easy basic pizza dough recipe. There’s nothing like a homemade pizza to warm you up on a winters evening or a lazy Saturday watching footy.
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 425 g bakers flour
- Add yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water to a large bowl; stir until combined.
- Fold through flour until just combined, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes or until a smooth ball forms.
- Place dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap.
- Set aside in a warm draught free place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and knock back <em>(punch)</em> the dough to remove excess air, lightly knead.
- Divide dough into 4 x 170g dough balls and set aside until required.