This white pizza recipe with thinly sliced potatoes is so easy to make and a real crowd-pleaser. Try punching up the flavour with a sprinkling of chilli flakes on top.
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Tray
- ½ quantity Thin & Crispy pizza dough
- 1 cup plain flour (all-purpose flour), , for dusting
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ head garlic, roasted then lightly mashed
- 6 small red potatoes, sliced paper-thin (See Note 1)
- ¼ large onion, sliced and lightly sautéed in olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from the stems
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crushed chilli flakes (red pepper flakes), , optional, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 260°C/240°C fan-forced (500°F ; Gas Mark 9)
- Dust the dough generously with flour and place on a floured work surface.
- Gently shape the dough into a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9") rectangle and then arrange on a lightly floured baking tray.
- Generously brush olive oil all over the dough.
- Place the tray into the oven and pre-bake for 2 minutes ( this will ensure a crisp base ) (See Note 2). Remove immediately and continue with the recipe instructions, allowing the oven to heat back up in the meantime.
- Spread the mashed roasted garlic.
- Layer the potatoes, slightly overlapping, to cover the pizza base.
- Spread the sautéed onions evenly over the potatoes.
- Add the onions and fresh rosemary.
- Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a light sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes or until the bottom of the pizza base is crisp and the top has blistered.
- Transfer to a hard working surface and, using a pizza cutter, slice the pizza into 6 pieces.
- Sprinkle with the crushed chilli flakes (red pepper flakes), if using, and serve.
- Use any variety of waxy potatoes
- Pre-baking at this stage (Step 5) will ensure you get a crisp base