Pizza Seasoning is one of our favourites, both for adding spicy Italian flavours to bland pizzas and for boosting the flavour of low-fat dishes. This Pizza Seasoning also gives an almost meaty flavour to plain old pizza sauce, as the fennel seed makes it taste like you’ve added Italian sausage without the fat. Mix 1 tablespoon of our Pizza Seasoning in 1-2 cups pizza tomato sauce, brush on pizza crust or pita bread and sprinkle with cheese and toppings as desired. For sausage, use 1 tablespoon per 450g of meat.
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon dried onion flakes
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon dried fennel
- ½ tablespoon ground paprika
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, coarsely ground
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ tablespoon dried lemon peel
- Combine all of the herbs and spices and seal in an tight container or ziplock bag.